Relationship Issues Counselling in London
One to One Counselling for the Issues & Problems that arise in our intimate and family relationships.
Relationships, in all their many forms and for all sorts of reasons, are often a feature of what is discussed in counselling. Although there are a myriad of issues and challenges that can arise, they will all come out of the position of either ‘being in’ or ‘not being in’ a relationship. Counselling can help with problems and conflicts that come from both of these situations.
I’m in a relationship and I’m not happy
Challenges arise for all kinds of reasons in relationships, it could be that:
- you are feeling bored in the relationship for some reason or ‘stuck’
- you fight with your partner, for reasons unexplained or for reasons that you understand
- you have had an affair, or multiple affairs and you wish to stop or to understand why
- you are concerned your partner is having an affair
- you or your partner are not committed to the relationship
I’m not in a relationship and I’m not happy
Wanting to discuss issues and concerns connected to relationships does not have to be about being in a relationship, but rather can often be about our internal anxieties and worries about why we are not in a relationship. It is not uncommon to think going to ‘relationship counselling’ when single is not relevant or appropriate. In fact, this is not the case at all.
There are lots of reasons why you feel you want to discuss relationship issues whilst single. It could be that:
- you are coming out of a break up, and want to process what has happened and how you’re feeling about it with someone…. no matter how recent or long ago that break up was.
- you just want the space to discover more about yourself and who you are, to take the time to get to know yourself.
- because of a previous relationship, you feel a variety of emotions about potentially entering back into a relationship or ‘putting yourself out there’
- perhaps you feel you repeat patterns in relationships? You want to understand where that pattern has come from and set about challenging it.
How can One to One Relationship Counselling help?
Coming for one to one counselling as an individual, for any kind of relationship, whether you are in one, or single, gay, straight or bisexual, counselling is an opportunity to explore the areas that are troubling you. It provides a unique space, separate from the rest of your life and from individuals in your life, where you can begin to unravel, engage with and explore the situation/s that are going on. In allowing yourself this space and time, you can begin to make sense of the situation and how you feel about it. Doing this exploratory work can lead to an understanding of certain emotions and perhaps consequently to certain behaviors.
Step by step you begin to make clear something that can seem so unclear, confusing or overwhelming at the time.
Counselling for Relationships Problems in London
Take the first step to having more fulfilling and better connections, contact Rachel to discuss One to One Relationship Counselling.
Useful Advice & Further Information About Relationship Issues
Why Love Requires Generosity – A short video
Sex & Expectations in Relationships:
Two short videos from the BBC series ‘The Trouble With Love’